Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Curtain call

Tonight we finished our run of "The Green Room." It's been a great journey from auditions to cast party. We had  more than our fair share of set backs; illnesses, multiple rehearsals spaces, even a last minute cast change (Carolina Rios, you rock!), but in the end we put on a great show. I've made new friends along the way and I'm really gonna miss seeing them damn near every day. I'm looking forward to auditioning for Mask & Mirror's next show, "Robin Hood: The Musical" and I hope my new friends are there with me. I've had a great time doing this, it's what I love to do, and I hope to keep doing it for the rest of my life. To Jenny, Maille, Greg, Mason, Carolina, Rod, and Arleen, you guys rule! I loved doing this show with you. I couldn't have asked for better castmates. To Gary and Pat, thank you for casting me and being a wonderful director and producer. To Sue, Michal, Chris, Deidre, Christina, Bev, and any other crew I may have missed, thank you all for keeping this show chugging along. And to Peggy Glisson, thank you for allowing us to be the first group to "test drive" your script. The Green Room is a delight! I'm sad that it's over, but happy that it happened and that it went so well. The show must go on!

More thank you's...

Thank you to my family and friends who came to see the show, I love you all. Thank you to my wife Belinda for putting up with my absence so I could go to rehearsals, I love you tons! Thank you to EVERYONE who supports the arts in their community, without people like you we couldn't do the things we do. And one last quick thank you to Drea Ferguson, my high school theater teacher. Okay, I think I'm done now. If I've forgotten to thank you, I'm sorry, I'm getting old and tired and my memory isn't what it used to be. I think I may have hit my head a few too many times; I hear ringing and I can taste colors. I think I should go lie down. G'night folks!

1 comment:

  1. NIck you are a delight! Don't tell the others, but you are my favorite thespian!

    ReplyDelete