Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mask & Mirror

     Last night, I went to an informational meeting at the Tualatin Library for Mask & Mirror Community Theater. Mask & Mirror is a new troupe, specifically focused on encouraging and developing community theater in the Tualatin/Tigard area. It was a good meeting, really straightforward and informative, and I signed up on the spot. I think good things are going to come from this. I figure it can't hurt. I've done work with a couple other non-profit groups, some worked, some didn't, but these guys seem to really have their act together (hehe, I punned). I found out about M&M from my Grandpa Dewey who found out about it from the Tigard Times (http://www.tigardtimes.com/news/story.php?story_id=130818408561353900). I've had the itch to get back into theater regularly since my return to Hadassah last year, but haven't had much luck finding anything nearby. If you live in the Tualatin/Tigard area and are looking to get involved in theater; whether it be on stage, backstage, off-stage, or even ushering, I suggest giving Mask & Mirror a try. They're on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mask-Mirror-Community-Theatre/211350792224516) and they'll have a booth at the Balloon Festival this summer.
     I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of theater and I'll post details of any upcoming shows or events here.

No comments:

Post a Comment