Followers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

R.E.M.

Just woke up from the strangest dream I've had yet. I'm trying as hard as I can to retain it, but it's getting difficult. My waking brain keeps trying to impose logic on the crazy and the details get fuzzier the longer I'm up. As far as I can remember, there were huge surreal buildings everywhere but one in particular was where all the action happened. The walls, floors, and ceiling were predominantly yellow, and people were keen to avoid the yellow-ness whenever possible. Damn it, I'm losing it. It was far easier to hold onto the details of dreams before I had kids demanding attention in the morning. I remember the whole dream had a running soundtrack based entirely on They Might Be Giants. Everyone was very compliant and worried all the time. After multiple attempts to get them riled up, I finally found out why they were so sedate; if you instigate trouble a giant face appears in the yellow space and forces you into submission. I'm trying to remember the rest of it, but it's been too long. I remember running from the faces avoiding yellow like there's no tomorrow, the whole time being serenaded by the dulcet tones of TMBG. It was a race to the ground floor and supposed safety. It came down to me and one other guy barreling down the the last flight of stairs and into the foyer. I made one last desperate slide into the front doorway while a plexiglass barrier slammed down in front of the other guy, dooming him to a yellow doom, of doom. Relieved to be free of the faces, I step outside and see yellow everywhere. Then I woke up. There was way more to it, but I've lost it now. Suffice to say, it was intensely strange, even for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment